Request It! - Hold Request Service for Library Patrons
Patrons may place requests electronically for books in the Wise Law Library from our online catalog, http://lawpac.colorado.edu.
Books will be retrieved once a day Monday-Friday and will be held at the circulation desk for pickup. Once a requested book is ready, you will receive notification by email.
Library books available for online requesting are those located in the basement, first, and second floor stacks that display a status of Not Checked Out in our catalog. Items that display a status of Library Use Only are not available to be requested.
See below for a step-by-step guide on how to request an available book through our online catalog.
How To Place A Request For A Book
- Go to our online catalog, http://lawpac.colorado.edu. Run a search (keyword, title, subject, author, etc.).
- If you are on the search results browse screen, click on the Request It! link to the left of each title (see 2 and 3 below):
- OR, if you are looking at the full record for an individual book, click on the REQUEST IT! button across the top of the record:
- After you have initiated a Request, you will be prompted to enter your CU Identikey Username and Password in the box labeled CU-Boulder Students, Faculty & Staff. If you have a public or legal patron borrower card, you will enter your library card barcode in the second box. Then click on the Submit button (not shown).
- If the book is available and may be requested, the screen will display a message saying that the book will be checked out and held at the circulation desk for pickup. Books you have requested will remain available for pickup at the circulation desk for 7 days.
- If you prefer to batch your book requests, simply check the boxes to the left of the available titles and click on the Save Marked Records button . Then click on the View Saved button .
- The Saved Records screen will display. Click on the Multiple Requests button to request some or all of your saved items:
How To Cancel A Request For A Book
- If you wish to cancel a new Request , click on the Login link at the top right of the catalog screen. After you logon with your information, a screen will display your pending requests:
- Click on the Cancel ALL button , or check the box next to the desired items and click on the Cancel Selected button. You may also view the items you have checked out from this screen. Please click on the Logout link when you are finished.