Law library patrons may print to one printer or three multi-function devices (MFD) located throughout the law library in the copy rooms and near the Reference Desk. You can print from either one of the university computers, from your notebook computer or your mobile device. The computer labs and printers are managed by the CU Office of Information Technology (OIT).
- Student Printing and Scanning - general information; campus printer locations
- Remote Printing - printer drivers for your Windows and Macintosh computers
- Student Print Quota Information - information on initial allotment of free printing
- CU BuffOne Card Account Managment - to add funds to your BuffOne card
How to print
In order to print a document to one of the OIT printers, you need to
- Select the printer to which you want to send the print job
- Supply your Identikey or BuffOne Card number
- If logged onto one of the university computers, your credentials will already be provided. You will not be prompted to enter any additional information to print.
- If printing from your notebook computer, you will be prompted to enter the last 9 digits of your BuffOne card.
- Release the print job from the appropriate print queue
- At the time of printing, you sent the print job to one of the coded print queues (i.e., Black and White Diamond, Circle, Star or Color Circle). Go to that print queue to find your job.
- Swipe your BuffOne card at the card reader (i.e., Pharos terminal) at that location.
- Note the cost to print the job, your available funds and print the document
- Note that print jobs will automatically be deleted from the queue after about an hour
Printers and multi-function devices (i.e., printer-copier-scanner) are located on all three floors of the law library. These printers are identified by symbol.
-- Second floor Technology Commons (Printer)
-- Second floor copy room (MFD)
-- First floor copy room (MFD)
-- Basement copy room (Color MFD)
Staplers, hole punches and recycling are available in the copy rooms. There is also a stapler next to the second floor printer.
Paying for printing
Printing and Copying
Campus Cash Card
- Black and White Single-sided page - $0.10
- Black and White Double-sided page - $0.19
- Color page - $0.50
- No charge but users must have a BuffOne Card or Campus Cash card to access the device
Campus Cash Card
- $1 to purchase
- Add value at the Campus Cash Station located in the second floor copy room
- Add value to your BuffOne card at the Campus Cash Station located in the second floor copy room or go to www.buffonecard.com.
Printing a document
For instructions on how to print from both lab and personal computers, please visit the CU Office of Information Technology website at http://oit.colorado.edu/printing.
Printing problems should be reported to the Circulation Desk attendant or to OIT at 5-HELP.
LexisNexis printing (CU Law students only)
For information about printing documents from LexisNexis, Westlaw or Bloomberg, consult the guide "Lexis, Westlaw and Bloomberg Printing."